Where to Order New Replacement Key for Mercedes Benz
Are you one of those who are searching for their new Mercedes Benz replacement key? Do your entre keys for your cars have lost? It is okay. If you own a new Mercedes Benz car, there is nothing for you to worry about looking for your old keys to ask for a new key. In this post, we are going to provide you with a how-to guide in ordering a new key for your Mercedes Benz.
Keys for Older Mercedes-Benz
We cannot deny the fact that Mercedes Benz does not create any keys for a replacement for the older Mercedes’-Benz models. In general, if you have a pre-2000 Mercedes-Benz, you might find it challenging to look for a key replacement. We recommend you to call your dealer, but if they start discontinuing creating keys for your vehicle, the following are the options that you might consider.
Call a locksmith that offers services for European cars. It is because there is a high possibility that they own a device used in this manner, including the AK500 programmer.
Remember that only a few of the locksmiths around the world have the capabilities to create a key replacement for your old Mercedes Benz. But there is still a possibility that you can find a locksmith that can give you the service that you want.
How to Order a New Mercedes Replacement Key
Are you one of those who want to order a key replacement for your New Mercedes Benz? Well, there is no need for you to take your old keys or even your car with you. Your dealer will order your perfect car key with the use of your VIN number. As being stated, they have strict regulations when it comes to verifying ownership.
Follow the listed steps below if you are;
The current owner of the vehicle
Check the nearest dealer of Mercedes Benz in your area.
- As for your existing car registration. If your car is not yet registered, the original title will be used by your dealer.
- After that, ask for your identity card. If you have none, you might consider using your passport card, or even your driver’s license.
- After getting at least one of the requirements we have mentioned above, directly go to your dealer.
- Give them your requirements. You will also need to pay them with about 200 US Dollars to 300 US Dollars as an exchange for your new keys. In other situations, the costs for the new keys are ranging from 560 US Dollars to 600 US Dollars. This is according to the current owners of Mercedes-Benz.
- You are required to wait patiently for about three days to four days for the shipping time of your keys to your dealer. The keys are being constructed in the USA. It only means that if you are living in San Jose, you need to wait for a minimum of 5 days. Even though it is quite long, you can ensure that your wait is worth it.
If you are not the current owner of the vehicle
The following are the documents that you need to bring to your dealer if you are not the current owner of the Mercedes-Benz.
- A dated and signed authorization letter is coming from the previous owner of the car that is being requested for a new car.
- Consider using a Mercedes key cover to secure your keys
- If the fob shell of your key has been damaged, replace it.
- Have an original copy of the needed documents
- If your keys have been stolen somewhere in San Jose, you can immediately take your vehicle to its dealer to disable the stolen keys to ensure that it is safe from the one who stole its keys.